What actually happens when a dog licks your face?


Surely you heard this saying: “In the mouth of a dog is cleaner than in a man’s mouth.” This is a perfect example of the fact that you can not believe everything you hear. Both canine and human mouths contain bacteria, and in huge quantities. However, in fact, they can not be compared, in order to choose the lesser of two evils. It’s as if you were comparing oranges and apples. After all, humans and animals have a different lifestyle, habitat and eating habits.

At the person and a dog in a mouth various microorganisms

Only 16% of the bacteria in the dog’s mouth coincide with the microorganisms that live in the oral cavity in humans. We do not know how the remaining 84% of bacteria behave when they get into our mouths. If previously it was believed that such microorganisms can not cause any reactions, and much more harmful can be a man’s kiss with a man, now scientists have come to different conclusions. In fact, the transfer of bacteria from the mouth of a dog to the human mouth can cause gingivitis or periodontists.

Some bacteria are too dangerous

Investigating this problem, scientists have identified the most dangerous enemy: Porphyromonas gulae. This kind of canine bacteria, falling into the mouth of a person, can cause inflammation of the gums and even loss of teeth. The disease caused by these microorganisms is quite common in dogs, and 16% of animal owners studied by scientists have already been transferred.

They are resistant to antibiotics

It’s no secret that a dog loves to lick the face of its master. Here is another reason that causes some of us to stay away from sweet “kisses” further away: individual bacteria found in the mouth of dogs are resistant to antibiotics. Therefore, if this microorganism enters the human body, it is much more difficult to destroy.

If the pet is licking the owner of the wound

Also, health problems can be obtained if the animal is going to lick its owner with a wound. Despite the fact that common in dogs the bacteria Pasteurella can be treated with antibiotics, they, in turn, open the doors for more serious infections.

 

Spread the love

Like it? Share with your friends!

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More From: Health